Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ever heard about *Zeitgeist* ?

I had heard about that movie before... but ...
... never really thought I'd watch it. I thought it would be just more propaganda to confuse ol' Candy.

Anyway, this movie, Zeitgeist, has been recommended lately by an American friend.
Quoting Wikipedia, "Zeitgeist won the top award of Best Feature Documentary/Artivist Spirit at the 4th Annual Artivist Awards in 2007 in Hollywood", which does not mean much at the end. lol

It's a documentary film about myths, how people use myths to impose their views and power.
Many fields, religion first, are explored... and it is indeed pretty interesting!

I have only watched the first part of it so far (part 1 = "The Greatest Story Ever Told", which tries to prove the similarities between Christianity and Antic Egyptian religion)
... with much reluctance, I admit a few details are very interesting, here.

If you're in the mood to discover something that will make your mind boil, it's right here

Even though I don't know if it's just another manipulation stuff, I like the other view they offer.
No way I'll turn Catholic again I fear ;-)

No comments: