Monday, February 02, 2009

Collectors!

I bet you have never ever received such kitsch postcards!
I'm the luckiest one, erm, I trooly think !

Mahie sent me this one and it's definitely a collector!



Photoshop would have spoiled everything you know!
Here you get REAL lace (dentelle) !
And the roses, that you can deliciously notice, have been cut from another photo and glued on this one to build the postcard.
I tell you, life without Photoshop was something (that I dont regret, really :P)
The beads, the pink lips and yellowish tan, the fierce look in the eyes that tell you "allons voir si la rose"
haaa perfect!

I'm sure Esox (my bloody opponent at the "kitsch postcards battle") will appreciate this piece of art!

... though he sent himself a collector a few weeks ago! I just had to share it with ewes!
Look at this one:



Maybe it was supposed to be a romantic scene... maybe!
Did they really sell that? I mean you always to chose a postcard thinking of the person who'll receive it (mind boiling here)
What I LOVE here is that behind a strange romantic scene, you can clearly see a maniac man, with a serial killer potential (look at his lips, his face and attitude! Almost a Norman Bates!)
I think the woman here did not survive the day!

Making unintentionnally something scary from something romantic... is kitschissim me thinks!

Now gotta strike back! Be ready Esox, be very ready!

No comments: