Sunday, March 08, 2009

Taming the dragon

Been a week now I'm on it. This dragon and its rider.
Creating take so much time (for me), then you gotta sale your work. The most boring part, yet the most important one.

Anyway, the "research" part is so so interesting. I want to paint a dragon and its rider. The painting is in my mind from the very beginning. Movements, colours, attitudes. In my mind the painting is done. Perfect.
My fingers are less cooperative than I want.
My talent less active than I wish.

So I have to work to *create*. A dragon, a rider... many details people wouldn't notice...
... how a dragon turn his head
... what's a dragon's saddle
... which kind of wings?
... scales, hairs, skin... what is my dragon made of?
... is my dragon a pet or a wild nightmare?
... if my rider can tame a dragon, does she need any other weapon?
... etc.

Anyway, that takes time, energy. But I'm so fookin lucky I can "simply" work on *a dragon*... :)


click here

No comments: