Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Very... comics!

Lola's teacher has visited my painting website the other day... and the female character of Operation rescue Major Tom reminded her a lot of a science-fiction comics she loves Valérian and Laureline. I've never been muuuch into comics actually, until a few weeks ago...

I had never read this one, so Lola's teacher gave me 2 of these comics :-)

On my way to Bretonie, I took them, and my first Metal hurlant issue, and my first meta-barons comics Othon le Trisaïeul...

I read them all in the car (I had to wait 34 years before being able to read in a car without feeling sick!)
And what a pleasure I got!
Oh my Gawd, it was intense!

Valerian was very funny, with all the science fiction words (Valérian, agent spatio-temporel! lol) invented in the 1970s to talk about the future, so good!

Metal Hurlant... will definitely get all the issues I can. That is crazy... science-fi,fantasy, erotic, but in a crazy way. Sometimes I jumped on the seat screaming "oh noo, they can't go that far"! And they usually went "further"... hehe waww! so creative, no censorship, so good!!

And the cast of the meta-barons... olala.. ages I've know all the visuals.. But I was never so much into comics. I've started reading it really... Small literary orgasm if I may say. Loved it!!! Can't wait to get the next one now !...

Books are nice, but comics... lots of images and small texts! hehe ... it's fookin good sometimes!

Are you into comics, hm?
What's the last one you've read?

(I hate Tintin by the way! :P)

No comments: