Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let's get "artistic" ? No! let's just have fun!

I usually don't answer the blog's games when you're tagged. Not that I'm not interested but usually I've answered all of them, or similar ones, years ago... and I'm a bit too lazy to start again.

But Mahie suggested an interested one! She referred to 9 specific arts and asked what you immediately think about for each of them.

I found it funny (but it took me more than 1 hour to find my vid and images! I knew there was a trick somewhere :P) hehe... kidding, Mahie, I really enjoyed doing it!

So here you go..

1.Architecture

Ephemeral art, architecture made of ice in the wonderful Ice hotel "where snow and ice are transformed into fabulous decors"! If it looks wonderful, it's also because we can see it through the eyes of Etolane,my talentuous monoï sista (we both love monoï oil, now you know everything ;-)
This wonderful and inviting photo besides is hers of course! :)

2.Sculpture

The Kissers by Rodin ... I'm very sensitive to the art of sculpture, I imagine the rage and enegy required to sculpt! I really like it. Here,I love the woman's obvious hunger... and the detail of the feet, her foot on his... so intimate I think.

3.Peinture

Today Bosch would still be considerate like crazy and very non-politically correct.He was from the 15th century! I do love his chaos..

4.musique

Michael Nyman is the talented composer. I wanted to focus on these composers who give to movies all their magic. I'm very sensitive to Soundtracks'jewels. And they're terribly underestimated!

5.Photo

I found this photo on Etolane's blog weeks ago. I loved the contrast, sensuous mouth + a maybe still living fish... A sexy Gollum kind of presentation..lol The colours, composition. Perfect. I love photography, specially when it leads you to unexpected lands.
The photo comes from Flickr, and was made by the talented Mariana Islands

6.Poetry

Poetry is a genre that I simply don't appreciate. I've tried again and again. It does not work on me. So I had to think really hard to remember all these poets I've studied at university... here's a short one by Emily Dickinson:

Faith is a fine invention

"Faith" is a fine invention
When Gentlemen can see --
But Microscopes are prudent
In an Emergency.


Does it make your day?? yeah, mine too :P I'm not even sure I do understand fully what Emily meant, but faith being a fine invention suits me! :D

7.Dance

well, I do love dancing, just not something I love watching. Action! Action! The haka suits me..

8.Cinema

I love movies that really make my mind boiling. I love it when I don't expect anything and when suddenly a movie can shake my deepest feelings.

9.Comics

Juan Gimenez, my most favourit "visual art" reference.


Now... if you ever get inspired by the topic, I'll be the first to enjoy your views about all these different arts!

5 comments:

Mahie in the Sky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.