Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miami Vice

the real one tastes oh so good!

I've just put 60 pics on FB and just can't do it as well on here (I don't use Picasa or Flickr, life's too short! :P)

I will add a few other pics though, hoping it will give you a taste of Miami.
People looked at me kinda strangely when I said I'd spend a week over there. They would have chosen anything but Miami. Some had been there and were disappointed.

So I wasn't sure anymore if I'd like it there.
Oh but...
What a wonderful surprise!!! It was much beyond my expectations. Of course I was privileged, I was in South Beach, and there you get clubs, art, restaurants, tattoos studios, the sand and the beach. Palm trees, huge, everywhere.

As soon as I arrived at the airport, (once I passed all the security stuff! too much, too long!),I knew I'd love it.
The heat, beyond 30°C, almost night and day, I got used to it pretty quickly. Sometimes stopped the AC in my room, opened windows, just to feel that heat.

Give me a art studio well located and a good school for the devils, I pack the luggage again :P

The sea, so blue, so warm, is so much part of the city. It makes of Miami quite an exceptional city! Tropical, inviting.
I could see myself running along the golden beach every morning before going to work. So much energy boiling there.

I spent half the day exploring other part of the city (some being SO SO poor), discovering art, talking art, etc. .. and the rest of the day, well, on the beach. Loading batteries before getting back to the cold and strikes :)

The only more negative point is that it's really expensive overthere. You would just die from shock in front of the prices for alcohols!
But I was really in one of the posh parts of the city, I expected it.

There I've almost heard more people talking Spanish than English, that was also quite amazing. Loved that diversity of culture.

I've caressed alligators, tasted them too, enjoyed the best happy hours, got often lost, swam among dozens of fishes, purred in the sun, and explored a lot. What I wanted.

People were so nice. Americans being open and very helpful, I had no doubt about that, just a confirmation :))

And about travelling alone? Hard to leave everybody but so positive to be with oneself, to load the batteries. I really recommend it! Martin gotta do once, being an explorer with the bag on the back like in old times (when we were ermm younger! lol) feels great. Looking at new part of the world with virgin eyes. The world is beautiful.

And well, South Beach's made for party Candy, for sure!

No comments: