Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Gardener's rituals

... is the title of my next paintings series.


Nothing's done yet, but the idea is there.

The title almost guides my pencil and brush.

And it often works this way. I get ideas, sources of inspiration, and suddenly a title come to my mind that will guide my work, give a meaning to it.

There's a lot of construction in the process, but the title is like  the original seed. I find that strange when I think of it. Maybe the visual comes after the meaning, to me. Dunno.
 
The painting will fit the title and not the opposite way to me.

How does it work for other painters, for musicians, for photographers? I wonder.

Differently for sure.

2 comments:

Martin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.