Saturday, September 17, 2005

Gerhard vs Angela

I dunno much about French politics, so don't ask me anything about German politics...

Yet, despite a huge lack of knowledge on that matter, I've heard there would be German elections tomorrow (s)
(note to Martin: you know you're a bad bad boy for not voting tomorrow, hm?! ;-)

As far as I understood it (but you're welcome to explain me more), It gonna be Schröder's party vs Merkel's one (yeahhh! I'm not that bad, hey :P)

Personnally I have quite a positive image of Schröder, but I can't deny he's got tough years with apparently poor results (unemployment, retirement, social crisis, etc).



About Merkel, I have definatly not a positive image since she's started criticizing the position of her own country regarding the war in Irak.
She would have definatly led the Germans into that war, which sounds so "not German"!!!
I understand too she wants to make big economic and social changes, which is often the case from the opposition, and which might be helpful, ... IF only these changes were not too extreme and ultra liberal. Eeeeeck!



So, well, as usual with elections, not a great choice. But I really wish the best to my German buddies for tomorrow :)

No comments: