Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I'm pretty curious about the last movie of ol' Mel "the Passion of the Christ... not so curious about the topic itself, but I wonder what is so shocking in it. I won't talk of the polemic about the Jews representation it, I think there is no polemic here to talk about.
Now, is showing the main hero (G) carrying painfully his cross for 20 minutes the shocking key?

I would find that very hypocritical from media to focus on that. I find the title of the movie quite explicit, no? They're not going to watch a movie about a Jesus picking up flowers in a prairie, right?
Anyway, I find it hard to believe Mel Gibson will do something really shocking. I don't expect a great movie, but who knows!

If I'm interested in that particular topic, it's because I rilly LUUUUVED Scorsese's Last Temptation of Christ, which was rilly criticized at the time.

Such a beautiful movie, showing a very Human Jesus (Willem Dafoe as Jesus could have turned any sceptical goil into a devoted nun... :P).
I wonder how come I don't have this movie on my so precious shelf, btw!
It was a very clever and sensitive interpretation of the Bible me thinks.

Anyway, I like it when movies provoke lil storms. Vive le cinema libre et different!

No comments: