Friday, February 27, 2004

Lola has cried from 3.30 to 4.30 last night....
And it's a cry that meant "come and take me wiff you! I'll cry harder till you do it!"
(tired sigh)

Martin went to calm her down a couple of times...

...and I finally took her for 5 minutes with us. She started smiling, calling us, kissing us, putting her arms around our neck, etc. It was Heaven for Lola! (happy sigh **~~*^* *)

Then we re-started the ceremonial to put her in bed... and let her with a lil light on and a bottle of water, she cried again for 10 minutes and finally fell asleep.

Phewwwwww
I think next time we'll let her cry for 10 minutes, but we won't wait for a full hour! I don't want to answer her whims, but I think it is good at a certain point to "break" the rythm (of the cries). With a cuddle, a lil walk around the flat or whatever :)

We've order a night light btw. One in the shape of a big yellow rabbit. I'm going to turn this rabbit into Lola's protector, and will tell her so till she understands :)
I hope it will work.
The only probbie when you start with such habits... is that whenever you forget the lil helper... you get a tragedy ;-)

No comments: