Monday, May 03, 2004

I dunno what happened... maybe the influence of Spring as a motivation for rebirth or whatever...
... But, I feel my lil inner self is going to put me into troubles ;-)

It's been a few days I'm thinking about all that and I'm sure now that I'm ready to get rid of the political and religious tradition which has surrounded me since ever.
I could have put most of my beliefs into questions when I was a teen, like many people do naturally. But I was not ready then (I'm the kind of slowwww type, see!).

Politically, I'm not going to let myself put into a the cage of right and left parties anymore. What matters to me is those who surround me... like... people and trees. LOL, that sounds so so greenish, no?
So I'll stick to those who will respect the most what matters to me. It's so logical that I wonder how I could have been such a prisonner of "traditions" instead of just following my own desires...

Religiously, it is difficult. I'm a bit afraid to follow my inner self and let down the family habit.
Maybe there will be a compromise ;-)
The roots of my religion are very strong in the way I have Faith. I don't *need* to believe, I believe because it's in me, obvious and natural.

But I start doubting my faith in an austere, rather sexist, and *blind and deaf* religion.
I also start to find it hard to believe in abstract concepts only...

And more than with the religion itself, I do not agree with the way religious people interprate it. They can do well their job and all, but... I prefer a direct connection with Gawd or Gawdess.

Penny Sillan and I had started (years ago) to name what we believed in as the *Universe*.
And I'm amazed realizing how much it is actually appropriate as far as I am concerned.
I have finally more faith in what makes the world beauDiful, the sky, the plants, the trees, people, the wind... rather than in an old book (the Bible) which nevertheless contains a lot of good elements.

Anyway, all that to tell I'm ready to put down reassuring and comfortable walls.
Let's see what will happen.


(... Huuuu, my mind does not usually boil that much on Monday mornings! lol
I hope I won't need the rest of the week to recover! :P)

No comments: