Sunday, January 15, 2006

CinAmore



Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith
Yes, well, Star Wars is Star Wars and hmm ... ok I expected it to be a bit better, because Martin had read the book in which Anakin has much more psychological problems... He just does not suddenly feel like he's a baddie, neee, it's much better and developped in the book. Got disappointed.

Charlie and the chocolate factory
Very original movie, not even a classic among Tim Burton's movies! I enjoyed!

War of the Worlds
When the critics for a movie are over positive, you probably expect too much. I expected something pretty good but at the end I found the movie visually entertaining only. For the rest...(yawn). And lil Tom has turned to be such a pain in the arse lately that he tends to spoil a bit the movies in which he plays at the moment, doesn't he?!

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (les orphelins Baudelaire)
Ohhh very entertaining, with a Tim Burtonesque atmosphere! ... despite a Jim Carrey who's just way too carricatural for me, even if his character requires it... (I enjoyed him so much in *Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind*!)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire
Yusss we had a real good time, pop corns and laughs included :)

28 days later
The biggest surprise here! I had seen and REALLY enjoyed 3 movies from Danny Boyle so far... The Beach, Trainspotting and Shallow Grave. This one is pretty different.
It was actually a Xmas gift from Gwenola, my sister. I did not know anything about the movie... we started to watch it... eeeeeck... a ZOMBIE MOVIE! LOL! The kind of movie I LOVED as a teen and which makes me tremble in my boots since I've turned to be a mama (an hormones thingie I guess).
I started to watch it with some big reluctance then, but it turned to be a very GOOD zombie movie, in which finally the ugly zombies are not the worst. A rich movie at many levels. No lesson, no moral but many things given to think about.
And just to watch an empty London and a UK under quarrantine is something too. Scary. Brilliant!

Have you watched any of them btw?!!!

No comments: