Friday, May 12, 2006

Jesus & Mary Chain

In a month we celebrate a catholic baptism for Loup! Alluia! :P
I've no idea how the celebration will be, I just hope it will be simply a *human* celebration. There will be another lil goilette baptised at the same time as Loup.

Why the baptism?
As for Lola we want to open another door for our kids, like a *spiritual* life. It happens I'm Catholic, Martin's Protestant, but we could have been Buddhist or Jew or whatever, we would want to give some kind of spiritual dimension to our babies' life.
We want them to imagine the possibility there is more than just a materialistic life, you know?
They will express their *spiritual* life it if they want, and they will express it how they want, through religion, through art, through love, whatever, it will be their choice.

With religion, with Catholicism more precisely, I find it's a pity Church people are not open and close enough to the people.
Their words are often the opposite of what I believe in. I even think we do not believe really in the same religion at the end.
But thank Gawd, there are not only extremist deaf Church people :)

And I won't let a huge bunch of dusty Church guys kill the lil bits of spiritual life in me!
That's why I also want baptism, to not let religion in the hands of religious people only ! RoaaaRRRRR

LOL
Not sure I've been clear, but that sounds Logical to me :)

Besides, I find it's a REAL pity that we do not celebrate babies' arrival! And a baptism is to us simply an occasion to gather with our friends and family around the new lil one!
Baptism is a party where you can feel Love all around... because the center of it is the most innocent (not for long, lol) and adorable one!

(happy sigh)

I'm too happy we took the decision to do it!!!

No comments: