Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Breakfast Club

Can you remember this one?
I enjoyed it pretty much at the time. But I'll never watch it again I think. I would hate to realize it's not fun anymore, or fookin stoopid.

Yup, so many movies that brought purrfect sensations and feelings at a purrfect time of my life. Watching these movies again would break something. Ouch!

Here's the Breakfast gang, at the time and now (eeeck ;-)



In the same way, looking at the face of my kid and teen's heroes now is often too much a shock! My heroes can't turn old and fat, they can't marry, divorce 3 times and have babies. They can't die either of course! oh no, they MUST NOT do that!

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club.

No comments: