Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some kind of bad trip

I just take a couple of minutes (because I knowwww some of you does not go on Facebook)to tell you how bad our trip has been on our way to Hamburg.

Our car is dead, we're not (which is the miracle in the whole story)

It was 3.00am, heavy rains, we were near Dusseldorf.
Thank Gawd, I had just given the *wheel* to Martin, to sleep a bit.

We were on the highway, middle lane, on our right a truck, behind on the left lane a big BMW.
The driver of the BMW was going fast, despite the rain. Fell asleep and at full speed, changed of lane to drive into our car from behind, our speed was about 110)

The chock was terrible, dunno how Martin managed to control the no more controlable car, to cross the lanes in front of the truck and other cars.

The kids were not even hurt, whereas the back of the car, window, etc was totaly destroyed. The cops expected dead ones when they arrived.

So at 4.00am we were in the middle of nowhere, comforted by the guys that came to help. Honestly, I felt like on planet Mars.
We had lost our coats (everything just flight out of the car), clothes, Christmas presents, bottles of wine, all the paintings I had to deliver in Hamburg, computer (coats, everything into pieces), camera, all my painting equipment, etc.

Our poor car can't be saved.

But we're here, very alive. I don't sleep well, feels pretty down, but I'm fine, so happy to have my kids around! Martin's been a hero :)

No comments: