Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Les Seins
Encyclopédie historique et bizarre des gorges, mamelles, pis et autres tétons des origines à nos jours


I'm in the middle of a book (which I recommend!) dedicated to breasts... yup, 350 pages dealing with everything, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, linked to boobies!
And trust me it is fascinating.

So many themes .... duel ... eunuques ... geometrie ... griffures (scratches) ... hypocrisie .. position ... portrait ... sectes ... sadisme ... vamp ... censorhip ... canibalism ... etc etc
A cultural/social approach made without voyeurism (though you get lots of pics! lol)
Very interesting book which can make you rilly RILLY shiver or laugh..and learn a lot (like Louis XIV who was known for his royal bites because he was born with 2 teef :P)

Martin Monestier (the author) has also written a few other encyclopedia... including one about the flies (I wanna read it!), another about canibalism (it's oh gawd, forget about it!!!), one about... hairs too!!!
LOL yeah, about hairs. I'm very curious about this one. I've no idea what can be told about hairs!

(I had discovered this book about boobs at Patrick's -mama's hubby, who's a psychiatrist-)

No comments: