Thursday, September 30, 2004

You have now crossed over into ...(tadaa)..the Twilight Zone

Science-fiction and tv, a perfect love story?
Well, apparently not!

I've tried to think hard about all the SF series I know, and there are not even 20 of them!
And I don't think I know one single French SF series...!

What does that mean? Is good SF very hard to write (for scripts, that is)? Aren't people interested enough in SF?
Hmmm, I have no idea, but I think it's a real pity we do not have more of it.
Here in France, It seems that what works is mainly boring detective stuff (but nothing like columbo or miss marple!).
(sigh)

We had in the eighties a very kewl show (or at least I was a fan of it), Temps X, which talked about all that was linked to SF.
Some images they showed at the time really impressed me...!
(by the way, there is not a single website about Temps X!!!!! Can you believe that? If you find anything about it on the web, just let me know:)

I hope soon we'll get new exciting SF stuff on TV... something surprising, scary, weird, and fun ;-)

Among the series I remember, I really luuuuuved Twilight Zone, the X files and the first Star Trek.

Then I've watched with pleasure Babylon 5, the Thunderbirds, Lexx, Planet of the Apes

If there was nothing else on tv, I could watch Space : 1999, Stargate or The Invaders

But I really could not stand The Outer Limits, Freakylinks, Roswell or Sliders.

That's about it.

I still don't know the Red Dwarf, Farscape and The (old and famous) prisonner!

I guess there are still lands to explore for writers and producers :)



(psssst... this blog inspired by a Star Trek fan, JL :P)

No comments: