Thursday, March 17, 2005

Never enough time to read...

...but always a few minutes to answer Lithium's requests! This time, a few questions about books:

How many books do you read per year?
(Combien lisez-vous de livres par an ?)
about 15 I'd say. I keep buying second-hand books, I have tons of them waiting to spend time wiff me. But since Lola's around and since I've started working at home, it's a huge challenge to find the time to read, among a zillion of other things!

What's the last book you bought?
(Quel est le dernier livre que vous ayez acheté ?)
The 4 first tomes of the Amber chronicles by Roger Zelazny. Recommanded by JL if I remember :-)
A present I made for Martin's birthday.
We share the same tastes with books, that's very practical and just fantastic to share views all the time!

What's the last book you've read?
Quel est le dernier livre que vous ayez lu ?
I'm in the middle of The Red Queens, by François Cavanna, again. I'm addicted. Oh and at the same time I've started reading part of a story written by a *friend blogwriter*. Brilliant, so far!

Name 5 books that you really enjoyed
Listez 5 livres qui comptent beaucoup pour vous ou que vous avez particulièrement appréciés

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Set in 12th-century England, the hero is a carpenter who participates to the building of a huge Gothic cathedral. Apparently boring to death. It's been so much the opposite!

The Children of the Graal by Peter Berling
Middle Ages. History, fiction, fantasy. The Templars, the crusades, politics, religions. Huge book, incredible. And Peter Berling knows more than any one how to make of a pervert monk definatly a hero!

Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
My first Fantasy books. Got crazy about them, the characters, the stories. I'm still in love with tasslehoff burrfoot and a few others!

Les Rois Maudits (the accursed kings) by Maurice Druon
One of the best historical series I've ever read. I have much admiration for these writers that are so good at "telling History". Somehow they help us to know *who* we are now.

A prayer for Owen Meany, the world according to Garp and Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving
Once I started reading the first pages of these 3 books, I just could not stop before the end. Irving's planet is very unique. But these 3 books are the only one I really luuuuuve. Not the same at all for his other books. Strange!


Who gonna be the 3 lucky ones who'll have to answer these questions? And why chosing them?
(A qui allez-vous passer le relais (3 blogs) et pourquoi ?)

Alinet, because I bet she gonna surprise me again!
Martin, because it's the only way I can find to make him update his blog :P
Esox, because, ermmm... here's a good opportunity to start your own blog, my dear! hehe

No comments: