Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Can the anaesthetist anaesthetize my lil fears?

I'm just back from the hospital where I had my rendez-vous with the anaesthetist (gawd, what a hard word to tell in English!).

Usual questions to be sure I'm a good candidate for the epidural.
Now they know I AM a good candidate, I will have to chose wether or not I want to feel pain during the labour and delivery.
Me wanting to feel pain? LOL! They're kidding, I will write epidural required on my forehead to be sure they don't forget it ;-)

I could not help smiling again when she reminded me the size of the needle has a terrible effect on the "papas" (please sir, don't watch or you might faint, which is definatly not the appropriate moment ... lol)



So, another step for me. I'm getting ready, like a good lil soldier, really... even if I start to be a bit nervous.
I don't need much to be reassured, it's not my first *time*, and it's part of the game to imagine and stress a bit about what may happen.

What if I lose the waters while buying my bread or playing footie with Lola, hm?
What will be my resistance to pain? (last time, I had painkillers at the very beginning)
What if my contractions are so painful that I can't go down the 5th floors?

And what really make me upset... will there be someone to take care of Lola at the right moment, even at 3.00 am?
The shrimpette is actually my main preocupation. I want her to feel no fear with what will happen. But it will be ok for her, I will make sure it will. Roaaaarrrrrr!!!!

6 weeks to go for me now.
It's gonna be a real adventure and... I'm ready for it :)

No comments: