Friday, January 23, 2009

Inked

So my back is still burning from the other day (well really, getting one's back tattooed turns to be so uncomfortable in the next days, I won't do it again soon!)

What did I do? I got new ink on my three old tattoos.

---

Alex, the tattoo guy, was tempted to redesign them, making like much bigger dragons. Which now I think would have been a GREAT idea!
That would be for another time.

We had time to talk a lot about his work, that was very interesting! I learnt how hard the work is, physically (the eyes, the back, the joins in the arms), psychologically too (you kinda absorb the stress of the people when you "work" on them).. I also learnt there was no school to become a tattooer, you *simply* learn by yourself, usually receive many wrong advice from other professionals who want to
protect their own *space*, etc.

Nevertheless, that would be a work I would kinda love to do I think. Am I too old to learn that? I don't know.

In 2 weeks, I have another rendez-vous for a new tattoo! (as it was less expensive than I thought, I can afford another one!)
Alexandre suggested (after he saw my gallery online) that I make my own design for it... but I can do it for everyone but me I think. I want something different than what I can create.

This time (I will show you the design when I find it online) it will be a flying little bird, with colours, on the front of the shoulder. It's a big step for me, getting a tattoo that is much more visible!

I've tried the bird design with a transfer, and it looked really beautiful, like a jewel on the skin.

(my mom gonna scream again! lol)

No comments: